My Mozfest Experience
What I commit to for Mozfest. This experience will help me move closer to my 2016 for building leadership and learning programs in Mozilla communities.
- I'm running "Design Thinking - Maximizing Resources in Your Community".
- I hope to continue applying Design Thinking and practice this process with other Mozillians and community leaders in order to one day achieve radical participation in my community.
- The pathway that most resonates with my 2016 goals is "Leading and building community through participation". However, I plan to attend sessions in all 3 pathways in the Participation space.
- I am particularly interested in the sessions:
- badge-based pathways to employment (with a lense of participation)
- Digital Literacy in the world of accelerating returns
- Scaling the leading & learning program for Participation at Mozilla 2016!
- I look forward to all the mandatory participation leader sessions where I will meet and learn from like-minded community leaders and mozillians.
Other Sessions I Will Attend
- I'd also like to attend sessions in other spaces, particularly Webmaker & Hive spaces
- I'd like to continue to learn and grow as a community leader by including as many strategies and techniques on community leadership into my tool kit as possible.
- Five experiences I promise to myself for Mozfest:
- Keep an open mind so I learn lots
- Meet new people
- Go outside my usual comfort zone
- Listen more, talk less because active listening takes more effort
- Have FUN!!
- Conversations I pledge to have:
- Meet new people everyday and learn about their contributions
- Have inspirational conversations with like-minded community leaders
- Share the lessons I've learned in my community with others
- Listen to as many stories and remember the lessons behind them